Missing pensioner: spectacles found
POLICE searching for missing Essex pensioner Harold Lloyd believe they have found his spectacles.The glasses were discovered on top of a 6ft fence in an alleyway between the Wycliffe Baptist Church and Harwich Road.
By Roddy Ashworth
POLICE searching for missing Essex pensioner Harold Lloyd believe they have found his spectacles.
The glasses were discovered on top of a 6ft fence in an alleyway between the Wycliffe Baptist Church and Harwich Road.
Officers think they may have been placed there by somebody who found them in or near the alley and wanted to leave them where the owner could find them if he returned.
Police now want to locate the person who may have placed the glasses on the fence so they can establish how long they have been there.
Mr Lloyd, 85, left his home address in the Welshwood Park area of Colchester for a walk around 6.40pm on Saturday and did not return.
- 1 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 2 Norwood holds talks with one of Town's fellow League One rivals
- 3 Investigations continuing after man suffers serious injuries in crash
- 4 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 5 See inside stunning £1.85M home with 'fabulous' outside pool and paddocks
- 6 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 7 Suffolk second home owners could face Airbnb ban under crackdown
- 8 Gameday: 'Great to be back!' Blue Army at Needham give their thoughts
- 9 Sone Aluko: 'No-one is hiding from the expectation'
- 10 Hunt continues for group of youths who pushed man to ground and stole bike
He is described as white, thin build and about 5ft 10ins tall. He has white hair but is balding and suffers from dementia.
Police have also asked for people living in the north Colchester area to check any outbuildings or hedgerows on their property.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 01206 762212.