Mistley: Sinkhole opens up at Mistley Quay
- Credit: Archant
Work is under way to repair a sinkhole which has suddenly appeared at an historic quay in north-east Essex.
The large hole opened up at Mistley Quay at around 2pm yesterday, said a spokesman for T W Logistics, the distribution firm that owns the quay.
She said: “We are currently investigating an apparent sinkhole that has appeared.
“We will be undertaking a full assessment over the coming days.”
The spokesman would not be drawn on what vehicles or equipment may have fallen in the sinkhole.
You may also want to watch:
But when asked to comment on reports a driver of a fork-lift truck had been taken to hospital, she said she “had not heard anything about that”.
The dimensions of the sinkhole have not been disclosed.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 6 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 7 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 10 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts