21-year-old student caught with heroin and crack cocaine warned with jail
- Credit: Archant
A 21-year-old man accused of possessing drugs with intent to supply has been warned he could be jailed when he is sentenced at Ipswich Crown Court next month.
Judge David Pugh agreed to adjourn sentence on Mohammed Hussein until November 5 to allow his defence team to obtain a psychiatric report and other information about him.
However, he warned Hussein that the offences he had committed invariably carried an immediate custodial sentence.
Hussein, of Wandsworth Road, London, has admitted possessing heroin and crack cocaine with intent to supply and breach of a suspended sentence order.
Lori Tucker for Hussein said her client had a mental health background and had admitted the offences on the basis that he had been subjected to threats falling short of duress.
You may also want to watch:
She said he had the offer of a place at university to study computing and science.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 4 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 5 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 8 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites