Monks Eleigh: Chimney fire put out before spreading to thatched roof

A CHIMNEY fire which sparked a massive response from firefighters has been extinguished.

The blaze started shortly before 9pm last night in the chimney of a house with a thatched roof in The Street, Monks Eleigh.

Four pumps from Hadleigh, Sudbury and Colchester were dispatched to the scene along with an aerial appliance.

But they arrived to find the flames had been extinguished and the incident required no action by the fire service.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus