Morning update: Traffic flows freely
TRAFFIC is flowing freely across the county as residents begin to celebrate the festive period.
There have been no reported travel issues on the region’s roads this morning, allowing drivers to enjoy stress-free journeys.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said that there were no major issues but that ice still remained a problem on some untreated roads.
Temperatures are set to remain bitter today, with the freezing conditions set to reign over the next two days.
Forecasters have predicted that snow will set in today, causing concern for those planning on heading home for Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, those planning on travelling to Stansted Airport are advised that the Stansted Express is running an amended service, with many services being cancelled.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 6 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 7 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 10 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown