Mother and daughter who died in bungalow blaze are named
- Credit: Archant
A mother and daughter who died in a village bungalow fire following a suspected gas explosion have been named by police.
Emergency services were called on Tuesday following multiple explosions at a property in The Street, Lidgate, near Newmarket.
The two people killed in the blaze have been provisionally identified as mother and daughter Pamela Tierney, 78, and Julie Tierney, 50, who both lived at the village property.
Initial conclusions from post-mortem examinations, which took place today, are that Pamela died as a result of natural causes and Julie as a result of inhalation of fire fumes.
The deaths are not being treated as suspicious and a file will now be prepared for the coroner. Detectives are not looking for anyone else in connection with the deaths.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries by police and fire service investigators have concluded at the scene, but the investigation is ongoing and officers say it is still too early to comment on the possible cause of the explosions.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact Suffolk police on 101, quoting reference CAD 122 of May 7.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 9 Ipswich Town 6-0 Doncaster Rovers: Evans leads the way as ruthless Blues cut loose under the lights
- 10 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse