Mother thankful for support during ‘traumatic time’
THE mother of a teenager who stabbed her father to death before taking her own life, has today thanked the public for the support her family has received in such a “traumatic time”.
Margaret Pierides, and her father, Costas, both died from stab wounds inflicted during an horrific incident at their home in Sible Hedingham on Saturday morning. The 16-year-old died after being flown to Colchester General Hospital.
Her father was pronounced dead at the luxury family home.
Provisional post-mortem results yesterday confirmed that the pair both died from stab wounds.
Bernadette Bass, Costas’ partner and Margaret’s mother, said: “We really appreciate all the support that so many of you have given me and my family during this traumatic time.
You may also want to watch:
“I do however ask that our privacy be respected so that my children and I can grieve for our loved ones.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 6 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 9 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 10 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road