Motorcyclist dies in crash
A MAN has died on a Suffolk road following a crash between a car and motorcycle.
The motorcyclist was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident on the A143, Bury Road near Stanton, Bury St Edmunds yesterday.
The accident, which left one person trapped inside a vehicle, happened at around 6.55pm.
Police officers, firefighters and paramedics were called to the scene.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said the motorcyclist had been declared dead when officers arrived on the busy Suffolk Road.
You may also want to watch:
He said the man’s next-of-kin are today being informed and it is not yet known how old he was.
He said: “When police arrived the motorcyclist was sadly pronounced dead – we believe the man is from Norwich.”
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 3 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 4 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 5 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 6 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 7 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
Fire crews from Elmswell and Ickworth and a firefighter from Bury St Edmunds were also called to the scene.
The motorcycle involved was a black and silver Suzuki and the car was a silver Vauxhall Zafira.
The road was closed while the Serious Collision Investigation Team and scenes of crime officers examined the scene of the crash.
Suffolk police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the crash or saw the vehicles beforehand to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 01473 613500.