Motorcyclist in his 50s dies in accident
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A motorcyclist has died in an accident close to a Suffolk prison.
The man in his 50s was declared dead at the scene of the single-vehicle crash on the A143 at Stradishall, near to HMP Highpoint, this morning.
Police were called by the ambulance service at about 10.10am.
The motorcyclist received medical treatment from paramedics, but was declared dead there.
He is the 22nd person to have been killed in crashes on Suffolk's roads this year.
You may also want to watch:
The A143 is closed in both directions to allow an investigation into the circumstances of the collision to continue.
Members of the public that require access to HMP Highpoint Prison are advised to approach the site from the north (Bury St Edmunds)
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 9 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 10 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners
The road is expected to remain closed for several hours and motorists are advised to find an alternative route.
-Anyone who witnessed or has any information about this incident is asked to contact the Serious Collision Team at Suffolk Police quoting reference CAD 117 of September 8. To contact police see here, call 101 or email Sgt Barry Abbott.
-Anybody who may have relevant dash-cam or mobile phone footage should see here.