Motorcyclist seriously injured in crash
A motorcylist has been taken to hospital with serious injuries following a collison near Ipswich.
A silver Honda motorbike and a silver Nissan car collided on the A137 near Wherstead at around 1pm today.
Ambulance crews, firefighters and police offices attended the scene.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said that the motorcyclist has been taken to Ipswich Hospital with serious injuries.
As a result of the incident the A137 at Wherstead has been closed between The Street and Valley Lane.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said that the road could remain closed to traffic for “quite some time”.
More to follow.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 3 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 4 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 A&E under pressure as patient levels return to pre-pandemic levels
- 9 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
- 10 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album