Motorcyclists smash Colchester shop window and steal Mulberry and DKNY handbags
- Credit: ESSEX POLICE
Burglars wearing motorcycle helmets smashed their way into a Colchester department store and stole a set of designer handbags totalling a five-figure sum.
Offenders on two mopeds shattered the front window of Fenwick in High Street around 3.35am today using a weapon, which police say might have been a sledgehammer.
They stole 25 Mulberry, one DKNY and two Hill and Friends handbags.
The burglars left the scene on their mopeds in the direction of Maidenburgh Street and the Dutch Quarter.
Essex Police have released CCTV images of the suspects raiding the store dressed all in black.
Anyone with information, CCTV or dash cam footage that could help police with their investigation is asked to call Colchester Criminal Investigations Department on 101 quoting incident 79 of April 17.
Alternatively, contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 3 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 4 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 5 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 6 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 7 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 8 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 9 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
- 10 Bakinson's the 'mini Pogba' who has been a big hit on loan before and will now look to prove the doubters wrong