Motorcyclists smash Colchester shop window and steal Mulberry and DKNY handbags
- Credit: ESSEX POLICE
Burglars wearing motorcycle helmets smashed their way into a Colchester department store and stole a set of designer handbags totalling a five-figure sum.
Offenders on two mopeds shattered the front window of Fenwick in High Street around 3.35am today using a weapon, which police say might have been a sledgehammer.
They stole 25 Mulberry, one DKNY and two Hill and Friends handbags.
The burglars left the scene on their mopeds in the direction of Maidenburgh Street and the Dutch Quarter.
Essex Police have released CCTV images of the suspects raiding the store dressed all in black.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information, CCTV or dash cam footage that could help police with their investigation is asked to call Colchester Criminal Investigations Department on 101 quoting incident 79 of April 17.
Alternatively, contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 6 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 7 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 10 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station