Man arrested after motorhome set on fire
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after a motorhome was set alight in the early hours of the morning in Tiptree.
Police were called to reports of a fire in Elm Close at around 1.30am on Friday, with officers arriving to discover a Bedford motor caravan ablaze.
It is believed the fire was started deliberately and police are treating the incident as arson.
A nearby fence also caught fire and suffered damage.
Essex Police later confirmed a 40-year-old man from Tiptree had been arrested on suspicion of arson, criminal damage, actual bodily harm, and harassment.
You may also want to watch:
He has been released on bail until December 9.
Anyone with any information related to the incident or who has CCTV footage of the area is urged to contact Essex Police, quoting crime reference number 42/189716/20.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw