Motorist stabbed after going to woman’s aid on A120 at Ardleigh
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
Police are appealing for information after a man was stabbed in a layby on the A120 after going to the aid of a woman who had been assaulted.
The motorist was driving along the A120 from Clacton towards Colchester when he saw a woman being punched by a man near a green phone-box in a layby on the opposite carriageway. This happened at 10.30am today.
He left the road at the nearby Ardleigh interchange and went to assist. The layby is currently closed.
The man, aged in his late 30s, is currently at hospital being treated for a stab wound to the chest. His condition is not thought to be life threatening.
Police are looking to trace the couple who were in the layby, and in turn need to check on the welfare of the woman who was assaulted.
The woman is described as white, aged in her 20s, with dark hair which was longer than shoulder length, wearing a beige jacket.
The man is aged in his 30s, white, of scruffy appearance, with short light brown hair. He was wearing an orange t-shirt, jeans and black trainers.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 3 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 4 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 7 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 8 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 9 Hazel O'Connor's Sudbury shows cancelled due to 'serious medical incident'
- 10 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
Officers are also appealing for any other witnesses to the initial assault of the woman and the subsequent stabbing to contact them at Clacton CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.