Road blocked after three cars and a van collide
- Credit: Archant
A major A-road was blocked following a collision between several vehicles.
Police were called shortly after 8.10am to reports of a road traffic collision between several vehicles in Beccles.
Officers arrived at the scene soon after to the eastbound side of the A146 near the Morrison’s roundabout.
A Ford transit van, a Honda Civic, a Volkswagen Polo and a Citreon Disptach all collided on the road causing traffic to build.
There no serious injuries to motorists but an East of England Ambulance was also called to the scene.
An spokesman for the ambulance service said: “We were called at 8am with reports of a collision near George Westwood Way, Beccles.
“We sent one ambulance to treat a man in his 20s. He did not require hospital treatment.”
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 5 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 7 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 9 Ex-Celtic boss Lennon linked with Town job
- 10 Charlton Athletic 2-0 Ipswich Town: Limp Blues soundly beaten
The road was partially blocked and is causing slow traffic along the A146.
According to the AA map, vehicles moved slowly between the A145 George Westwood Way and Lowestoft Road with police helping traffic to pass the scene.
Recovery arrived at 9.30am and the vehicles were moved just before 10am.