Murder investigation launched after discovery of man’s body in St Mary’s car park, Colchester
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after the discovery of a man’s body within a Colchester car park this morning.
Police closed St Mary’s car park on Balkerne Hill, Colchester, after the body was found around 8.55am today.
Officers are continuing to carry out enquiries to establish the circumstances and the cause of death.
Officers are still on the scene this evening and will be allowing those with “urgent requirements” to retrieve their vehicles from 6.30pm.
Essex Police said that they were drafting in extra officers from across the county to support local officers at the scene to help speed up this process.
The force said it was grateful to those persons affected for their cooperation.
You may also want to watch:
The St Mary’s Car Park will remain closed for at least the next 48 hours to allow investigations at the scene to be carried out and so police are advising motorists to make alternative arrangements.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate on 101, quoting incident 224 of 23/04 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour