Murder probe after body discovery
A MURDER investigation has been launched following the discovery of a dead body in Colchester this morning.
A MURDER investigation has been launched following the discovery of a dead body in a north Essex town this morning.
Police were contacted shortly after 11am yesterday following concerns about the welfare of a man living in a flat on Charles Pell Road, Colchester.
Officers arrived and found the property empty. Further enquiries led them to the discovery of the man's body at a nearby flat on the same road shortly after 2am this morning. This property was uninhabited at the time.
Detectives believe the body to be that of a man in his 50s. A post-mortem examination has taken place with provisional results showing that the man may have been strangled and stabbed in the abdomen.
You may also want to watch:
A 21-year-old man from the town was arrested later on this morning in connection with the death and is being questioned by detectives at Colchester police station. A second local man, age 35, was arrested this afternoon.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 8 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 9 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
- 10 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune