Three men arrested on suspicion of murder
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been arrested on suspicion of murdering a father in Colchester earlier this year.
Murdoch Brown, 31, died on May 7 in Buffett Way in the town.
Essex Police had initially been called to the scene at around 1.10am where they found Mr Brown.
Despite the best efforts of paramedics he died later on.
A second man was also assaulted.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Essex Police said that three men were arrested on Monday, October 21.
A 32-year-old from Leytonstone, a 17-year-old from Edmonton and a 27-year-old from Hale End in London remained in custody on Tuesday morning.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 3 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 6 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 7 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 8 Historic East Anglian sailing barge to become floating bakery
- 9 Snape Maltings launches two new restaurants with far-reaching river views
- 10 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
A 27-year old woman from Colchester was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender. She was released under investigation.
Detective Chief Inspector Stephen Jennings, of the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate, said: "We've been working tirelessly to investigate Murdoch's death and find the answers his family so desperately need.
"Although we have made these arrests, our investigation remains ongoing and we ask anyone who has any information on Murdoch's death to contact us, or Crimestoppers."
Anyone with any information should contact the North Major Crime Team on 101 or the Crimestoppers charity on 0800 555 111.