My pet: Abbie believes the brain power of dogs is being underestimated
- Credit: Archant
I have heard of some silly things – but a husky getting stuck in a sewer?!
My human person Matt alerted me to the story this week about Bella the dog who unfortunately got stuck. The California-based pup was spotted by a passerby with a sad expression – and with good reason, she only had her head, ears and front poking out from the storm drain. The one-year-old was eventually walked through the drain to a gate and let out thankfully.
This escapade may disprove the theory that dogs, and especially huskies, are supremely intelligent (at least in my eyes anyway). As an alsatian-cross-husky myself I wondered whether it was time I was treated to dog classes. I know that Matt could certainly do with learning a trick or two.
While he was reading me one of my favourite books, The Intelligence of Dogs, he told me that canines could be as clever a two-year-old child. This must be a wild underestimate as I know that some of my friends, including Margot the dalmatian from Milden, are so brainy they have even been to dog university. (Try to disprove this if you can!)
My feelings on the exaggerated brilliance of humans was confirmed on Thursday when I pawed open my letter box. Amber, the corgi-German shepherd from Felixstowe, wrote in about the Superman actor, Henry Cavill.
You may also want to watch:
The superhero, known for his laser eyesight, brawn and flying ability, is allegedly afraid to board a commercial airliner. He had to get permission from his doctor to be accompanied on the flight by his dog Kal-El. This says it all!
Any dogs who want to write in should email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 9 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
As told to Matt Hunter