My Pet: Christmas is a time for dogs and kittens
- Credit: Archant
It is finally ok to talk about Christmas in Matt’s home.
Being somewhat of a humbug, our human person Matt, said the festive season cannot possibly begin until at least December.
But now with festive cheer in the air and Christmas parties in the diary, he is ready to pour the mulled wine and indulge in mince pies.
Being a dog though, a husky-cross-alsatian of course, I wasn’t sure if I was permitted to munch on cheese straws and yule log.
And when Matt arrived back from a discount supermarket, he showed us the advent calenders he had bought – one for myself and arch nemeses, the kittens, Walter and Jessie.
You may also want to watch:
We had to remind him, however, that kittens, dogs or any type of pet shouldn’t be eating human chocolate.
Matt’s colleague, health reporter Matt Bunn, told us he had also bought his lurcher Loki an advent calender, so it’s obviously a problem associated with the Matts of this human world!
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex
What we want to know though is when should we start putting up the Christmas decorations?
Matt’s workplace, EADT towers, is already festooned with Santa’s colours and an atmosphere of good tidings.
But our human person told us the tinsel and tree weren’t to be erected until December 13 – for the 12 days before the big day. Already we have spotted neighbours breaking that rule with all manner of lit-plastic creatures adorning their exterior walls and roofs.
Perhaps we will start a petition to get the decorations up – we know we’d make a better job of it than Matt!
As told to Matt Hunter