Complaints to Suffolk police up by 10%, figures show
- Credit: Archant
Using data from the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC), security website locksmithservice.co.uk produced a breakdown of complaints received by each force in the last year.
In Suffolk, the company found complaints has risen 10% from 289 in 2015/16 to 317 in 2016/17.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said the figures were due to more public complaint cases being finalised than in the previous year.
“More investigations came to a conclusion in 2016/17 due to their complex nature, or were delayed due to the sub judice process, than in the previous year,” they added.
“We take all public complaints seriously as they assist us in identifying areas for improvement.
You may also want to watch:
“We recognise that it is vitally important to learn from our complaints and we duly record and deal with them all whether they are of a serious or relatively minor nature.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 8 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 9 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 10 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices