Needham Market: Appeal for witnesses after collision in Barking Road
POLICE are appealing for witnesses following a two-vehicle road traffic collision which happened yesterday afternoon.
The collision happened on the B1078 Barking Road in Needham Market at approximately 3.40pm and involved a silver Perodua car and a purple Fiat Panda.
The 78-year-old male driver of the Perodua sustained leg injuries and was taken by air ambulance to West Suffolk Hospital, the 73-year-old female passenger of the Perodua was taken to Ipswich Hospital and her condition is described as critical.
The 51-year-old female driver of the Fiat Panda was taken to Ipswich Hospital with a back injury and she is described as being in a stable condition.
Police would like to hear from anyone who was in the area who may have seen the two vehicles prior to, or when the collision happened.
Calls should be made to Pc Andy Smith at the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Major west Suffolk road reopens after lorry and car crash
- 3 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 4 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 5 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 6 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 7 Ashton on whether a new boss is lined up, the type of manager he's searching for, possible reunions and Town's timeframe for an appointment
- 8 Morsy on 'shock' of Cook sacking and McGreal's message
- 9 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 10 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment