Woman found in pool of blood may have been stabbed ‘8-10 times’
- Credit: Archant
A major investigation is under way after a woman in her 30s suffered multiple stab wounds.
It happened in Quinton Road, Needham Market, at about 6.10am and police officers are at the scene.
The victim is in a stable condition in hospital where she is being treated for her injuries.
One neighbour in the quiet, residential street told how he had gone to let his dogs out and said he heard somebody shouting "help me help me".
"I came back to the fence and opened the gate and saw the lady laying on the drive just there where the pool of blood is."
He added: "She was probably semi-conscious really. She was drifting. She told me she had been stabbed multiple times."
The man, who called 999, believes the victim had eight to 10 stab wounds.
- 1 London couple transform Suffolk home into an 'intimate' lifestyle retreat
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Forbidden Suffolk: 5 more places you can’t visit in Suffolk
- 4 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 5 The night Town beat Real Madrid - and why they're still part of elite club
- 6 Driver being taken to hospital after car ends up on roof in field
- 7 When will bins be emptied during the Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend?
- 8 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 9 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 10 'Rare' home of former socialite and artist goes up for sale for £1.5m
No arrests have been made at this stage and enquiries into the incident are continuing.
A number of bungalows are sealed off, and forensics officers are on the scene.
Another neighbour, a 75-year-old woman who has lived there for 20 years, said she awoke to dogs barking and saw police lights.
"I thought somebody had had a heart attack or something. Let's hope she's going to be alright," she said.
Anyone who witnessed any suspicious activity or has knowledge of the incident should contact Suffolk police quoting CAD number 80 of today, October 19.