New beer festival at John Peel Centre in Stowmarket
- Credit: Archant
A new two-day beer festival will be held at the John Peel Centre in Stowmarket this weekend.
The event, running from Friday to Saturday, is being staged in association with the Gladstone Arms pub in Combs Ford.
Open from 12noon to 11pm on both days, the festival will offer 35 unique beers and ciders - including 24 cask ales, six craft beers and five ciders. Entry is £2, with a glass deposit of £3.
The full beer list is available on the centre’s website and on Facebook. Wine and food will also be available.
Local beers set to feature include some brewed in Ipswich, Sudbury, Trimley near Felixstowe, Stowmarket, Thorndon, Southwold, Eye and Bungay, alongside others from further afield,
There will also be entertainment over the two days, with an acoustic stage supporting new and local artists. Singer-songwriters James Morgan will perform on Friday and George Howarth on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Steve Woodger said: “We’re looking forward to it. It’s going to be a good weekend.” He added that there would be a 70s-style jukebox, which had proved a popular feature at events in the past. There is no charge for the jukebox, but people choosing songs will have the opportunity to donate to centre funds.
The John Peel Centre has held festivals in conjunction with CAMRA in the past, but Mr Woodger said they had now decided to hold their own event in conjunction with the Gladstone Arms.
- 1 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 3 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 4 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 5 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 7 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 9 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 10 Mega theme park plans 'could add to Essex traffic problems'
The centre is always looking for volunteers, to take part in this event and others. If you are interested in finding out more, contact the centre on 01449 774678 for details.