New books donated to hospice’s Treehouse site in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Children at East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices’ Treehouse Hospice can now benefit from a range of new books.
It follows a donation of £350 to the cause in a community book pledge organised between local businesses by Colchester resident Dawn McGlone. Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC), Jabu Designs, The Business Plumber, the Savvy Wedding Planner and Usborne Books all donated to the cause, and the books were delivered to the hospice on February 2.
Dawn McGlone, from Usborne Books at Home, said: “Thank you to all the businesses who donated.
“It was lovely to be shown around The Treehouse to see how the books will be used.”
Daniel Brand, EACH activities assistant, said: “These books will make a real difference to the work EACH and will be well used both by the children we care for and their brothers and sisters.
You may also want to watch:
“We were so pleased to work with Dawn to choose a selection from their catalogue so we can make the very most out of this generous donation.”
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks