Essex hospital opens new diagnostic centre
- Credit: Archant
Colchester Hospital has celebrated the opening of a new imaging centre, which is likely to welcome 20,000 people this year.
The Turner Dianostic Centre at the hospital brings together several diagnostic imaging services into one place, making it more convenient for patients to access scans.
This new centre is part of an overall plan to transfer clinical services from Essex County Hospital and to fully extend patient services under the newly merged East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust.
Sarah Warner, the diagnostic centre manager said: “Everything is streamlined here, but we’ve also put a lot of care into creating an environment where patients feel calm and relaxed when they come for a scan.
“Even the walls are decorated with work from local artists – a reference to our community and also to the celebrated local artist William Turner who lends his name to our centre.”
You may also want to watch:
Since opening in April of this year, the centre, built adjacent to the hospital’s emergency department, has introduced two new MRI scanners and a new CT scanner.
The machines were all supplied by Alliance Medical who also funded the centre itself in collaboration with the trust.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 10 600 protesters form 'human wall' to oppose Sizewell C sea defences
The increased diagnostic capacity has meant that patients have a quicker access to appointments and to their scan results.
David White, the trust chairman said: “The East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust are very proud of the Turner Diagnostic Centre and the collaborative partnership we have formed with Alliance Medical to deliver improved diagnostic imaging services to Colchester.
“This has enabled the Trust and more importantly our patients and staff to benefit from fantastic new facilities and equipment, joint staffing and new research capabilities.”