New health centre unveiled in Stowmarket
A NEW £4.5million state-of-the-art health and social care centre in a Suffolk town is about to officially open its doors.After five years in the pipeline, the opening of the new three-storey Violet Hill House, in Stowmarket, will mark a new era for health and social care in the town.
By John Howard
A NEW £4.5million state-of-the-art health and social care centre in a Suffolk town is about to officially open its doors.
After five years in the pipeline, the opening of the new three-storey Violet Hill House, in Stowmarket, will mark a new era for health and social care in the town.
The centre, in Violet Hill Road, will bring both health and social care under the same roof.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Mark Shenton, a partner in the practice, said: “The fundamental philosophy for the project was to build a centre which provides good quality comprehensive healthcare through close teamwork, with social care and health care professionals working alongside each other.
“Now the building is finished, we are very proud of the results and are sure that people will appreciate having so many facilities and services in the same place.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 9 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
As well as general practitioners, the health centre also hosts community nursing teams, health visitors, community dentists, chiropodists, Macmillan nurses, child development teams, community mental health teams and a pharmacy.
Private physiotherapy and osteopathic practitioners are also present. There are 12 consulting rooms, four examination rooms, a nursing suite, and a minor operations theatre and recovery room.
To promote healthy living, a purpose-built gym area is available for cardiac rehabilitation services, physiotherapy, personal fitness training, yoga and dancing classes.
The Violet Hill House Health Centre also has several private consulting rooms which are leased to a wide range of professional complementary therapists. Herbal medicine, homeopathy, acupuncture, shiatsu, reflexology and sports massage are all available.
The website www.Stowhealth.com also offers advice and information on a range of health related matters.
On Thursday next week members of the public are welcome to view the new facility between 4pm and 6pm.