New police chief speaks of aims
MORE bobbies on the beat - that's the promise of west Suffolk's new number two police chief.Supt Jon Brighton is the new Western Area Operations Manager and he has vowed to tackle repeat offenders and young criminals causing trouble in their neighbourhoods.
MORE bobbies on the beat - that's the promise of west Suffolk's new number two police chief.
Supt Jon Brighton is the new Western Area Operations Manager and he has vowed to tackle repeat offenders and young criminals causing trouble in their neighbourhoods.
After 23 years in the Suffolk police force, Supt Brighton is returning to the west of the county and he is looking forward to reacquainting himself with the area where he has spent most of his career.
“My main challenge is to develop local policing through the safer neighbourhood teams,” he said. “It is about long-term solutions and it's about putting a greater uniformed presence on the streets.
You may also want to watch:
“My other aim is to arrest and convict prolific offenders through intelligence led policing. We will also seek to develop community confidence and if people have information relating to incidents we will handle it with confidence.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 3 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 4 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 5 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 6 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 7 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 9 Pedestrian taken to hospital after collision with car
- 10 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-3 draw at Colchester