New police district commander appointed for Chelmsford and Maldon
- Credit: Archant
A new district commander has taken over the policing reins in Chelmsford and Maldon.
Chief Inspector Gerry Parker has returned to the patch where he began his career as a constable 18-years ago to lead the teams in both areas.
Mr Parker, who has spent his entire career with Essex Police, said: “I’m really excited to be returning to the place where my policing career began as a police constable 18 years ago.
“A lot has changed since then, but what hasn’t changed is that both Chelmsford and Maldon are unique and vibrant places with great communities.
“I look forward to serving the residents and visitors of both areas and to getting out and meeting them to find out what matters most to them.
You may also want to watch:
“We also have the exciting prospect of our new community hub in Chelmsford which will help us build on the existing good collaborative work with partners that has already been done.”
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 4 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 5 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 6 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 7 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 8 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 9 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
- 10 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints