New running club launched in Suffolk village
- Credit: Archant
A new running club has been launched in Thurston, near Bury St Edmunds, for people of all abilities.
Personal trainer Will Silkstone has founded Thurston Running Club, which meets every Thursday night at 6.40pm outside the New Green Community Centre.
The village club offers a range of distances and routes to suit all abilities and is registered with the Association of Running Clubs.
Mr Silkstone said: “We have had a few sessions now and, despite some bad weather, the club is already proving popular which is great.
“I want to establish a friendly, inclusive group that offers support and encouragement for everyone taking part, from those who have never run in their lives to really experienced runners who want to improve their times. Just come along and have some fun.”
Anyone interested can find out more by visiting www.coachsilkstone.com or search for Thurston Running Club on Facebook.
You may also want to watch:
Membership is £20 per year or ‘Pay as You Run’ costs £1 per session.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 8 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 9 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 10 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future