New team on board at Alwalton
CO-OWNER Julie Mahoney and Director of Speedway Peter Oakes have become promoters at Peterborough.They join co-owner Rick Frost who has been the sole promoter since the end of last season to form a new-look leadership team.
CO-OWNER Julie Mahoney and Director of Speedway Peter Oakes have become promoters at Peterborough.
They join co-owner Rick Frost who has been the sole promoter since the end of last season to form a new-look leadership team.
Julie, who is also the Readypower Panthers' Finance Director, has been a major influence since she and Rick saved the club from closure in August, 2008.
Oakes, a former Panthers' owner, returned to the East of England Showground in December after a successful five-and-a-half years as joint team manager at Coventry, where he guided the Bees to six major trophies, including two Elite League titles.
You may also want to watch:
The pair were interviewed by the British Speedway Promoters' Association Management Committee on Wednesday afternoon before being formally accepted as new co-promoters of the Elite League outfit.
Rick Frost said: “The intention always was for Julie and Peter to join me as p! romoters but they had first to apply and be formally accepted by the BSPA.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 5 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 9 Forward Sears completes Colchester return
- 10 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
“We have a united management team in place at Peterborough with everyone working successfully and happily together and this will continue under the new arrangement.
“I'm delighted to have Julie and Peter on board as co-promoters.”