Newmarket: Attemped rape in alleyway
POLICE are investigating following the attempted rape of a 24-year-old woman in west Suffolk.
The incident happened in an alleyway between the High Street and Rowley Drive in Newmarket at around 3.20am this morning (Monday).
The woman was walking home after a night out when she passed a group of men in the alleyway.
She then became aware of someone behind her and as she approached the Arlington Court flats a man tried to talk to her.
Moments later she was knocked to the ground and the man tried to undo her trousers.
You may also want to watch:
The woman hit out at the offender and managed to “last number” dial a male friend on her phone who came to her aid and the man ran off.
Suffolk police were informed and officers and making enquiries to trace a possible named suspect in connection with the incident..
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 9 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 10 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
Witnesses or anyone with information should call Bury St Edmunds CID on 101.