Newmarket: Crew tackle two fires in the open at allotments
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters from Newmarket were called to two fires in the open in the town overnight.
The first call was to land at the allotments off New Cheveley Road at around 11.35pm.
On arrival a hose reel jet was used to extinguish the fire which involved a wooden shed.
Later on at about 12.50am the town’s crew was again called, this time to allotments near Cricket Field Road.
On this occasion a water carrier appliance was also needed with the fire involving another shed.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was out later with the crew back at base at 2.15am.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich