Fire breaks out in block of flats in Newmarket
- Credit: Google Maps
One person is being checked for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in a block of flats in Newmarket.
The fire started in a third floor flat in a block in Icewell Hill in the town.
No one was inside the flat at the time but one person was left in the care of the ambulance service due to concerns about smoke inhalation.
The fire was extinguished at 4.22pm, leaving considerable damage to the flat.
Appliances from Haverhill, Woodbridge, Newmarket, Ixworth and Mildenhall were called to the scene as well as engines from Cambridgeshire.
Breathing Apparatus and a hose reel jet were in use to get the fire under control.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 5 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 6 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 7 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 8 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 9 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay