Newmarket: Flat fire reported in Howard De Walden Way

Fire-engine

- Credit: Archant

CREWS have been called to a flat fire in Newmarket this morning.

A call was received about the incident in Howard De Walden Way at 9.15am today (Saturday February 16).

Crews from Newmarket arrived at 9.25am to find a smell of smoke in the flat.

After a further investigation crews found the fumes were coming from a storage heater and recorded the incident as a false alarm.

Both fire appliances left the scene by 9.50am.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter