Newmarket: JCB in smash and grab Tesco raid
- Credit: Archant
An investigation is continuing in Newmarket today after a JCB digger was used to pull a cashpoint from a supermarket’s wall.
Police were called at about 3.20am Sunday after reports of a situation at a Tesco store on Fordham Road, Newmarket.
Officers who arrived at the scene found an abandoned digger and considerable damage to the store’s wall.
The ATM was still at the scene and it is not yet clear if cash was taken.
A white van, which police said could have been a getaway vehicle, was also at the scene. It appears that the bucket from the JCB had struck the top of the vehicle and may have become stuck.
You may also want to watch:
The offenders are described as three men. Two were seen to run off in the direction of disused land adjacent to the store, and the third ran across the car park towards Fordham Road.
Anyone with information should call Suffolk police on 101.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 10 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs