Mildenhall man who threatened to ‘break every bone’ in ex-partner’s face spared jail
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk man who threatened to “break every bone” in his former partner’s face has walked free from court after a judge decided not to send him straight to prison.
Kevin Hill was banned from contacting the woman or going near her Mildenhall home by a restraining order but in November last year she saw him in his car in the exclusion zone “smirking” at her, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
Later the same day she received 11 calls from Hill from a withheld number and two days later he called her again and called her a “stupid bitch” and asked her why she had “grassed him up to the old bill”, said Gareth Hughes, prosecuting.
Three days later he called her again and said: “I’m going to break every bone in your face”, said Mr Hughes.
Hill, 51, of Beaverbrook, Newmarket admitted two breaches of a restraining order and was given a 14 month prison sentence suspended for two years, a six month curfew and a rehabilitation requirement.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Thompson, for Hill, said his client now recognised the relationship was over.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 A12 closed following serious collision
- 4 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 5 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 6 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 7 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 8 Missing dad wanted in connection with assault which happened day before he disappeared
- 9 Ipswich Debenhams to close on May 4 after the building is sold
- 10 Air ambulance called to medical emergency