Newmarket masquerade ball will raise money for Injured Jockeys Fund
- Credit: Archant
The community in Newmarket is invited to attend a special one-off masquerade ball to fundraise for a jockey charity.
Organised by the East of England Co-op Funeral Services, the event will take place on Saturday, June 9, at the Racing Centre Newmarket to raise money for the Injured Jockeys Fund.
The charity provides support to jockeys past and present.
As well as the ball, there will be live music and magic, fine Indian dining and a raffle with a selection of prizes donated by businesses from the area.
Sara Vail, funeral co-ordinator at the Newmarket branch, said: “Since opening our branch in December last year we have been keen to extend our support to the community here in Newmarket. As the home of horse racing, the Injured Jockeys Fund is the ideal charity to offer our help to.”
You may also want to watch:
The event starts at 7pm with a dress code of black tie and mask required.
Tickets for the event are being sold in advance on a first come first serve basis for £25 per person and can be bought at the East of England Co-op Funeral Services branch on Wellington Street, Newmarket, or by calling 01683 242130.
Further information about the Injured Jockeys Fund can be found by visiting www.injuredjockeys.co.uk
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 3 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 4 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 5 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 6 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 7 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 8 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 9 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen
- 10 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family