Newmarket: Tom Jones and Wet Wet Wet to headline Newmarket Nights
- Credit: Archant
Tom Jones and Wet Wet Wet have been confirmed as the first two acts for the ever-popular Newmarket Nights at The July Course.
Tom Jones, currently appearing as a coach on BBC One’s The Voice, will perform at the racecourse on Friday, August 1.
It will be the third time in four years the Welsh superstar has performed at Newmarket, with his past performances attracting 22,000 fans.
A fortnight later, chart-toppers Wet Wet Wet will close the season of seven concerts at the racecourse, which are set to bring in 100,000 race goers over the course of the summer.
Amy Starkey, regional director of the east for Jockey Club Racecourses, said: “Adnams Newmarket Nights are an institution in East Anglia and beyond, and we are thrilled to announce Tom Jones and Wet Wet Wet as the first acts to be confirmed for our 28th season of concerts.
You may also want to watch:
“Newmarket Nights and Tom Jones go together wonderfully well. Tom is regularly our most popular artist and his legions of followers will be thrilled that he is returning to The July Course on Friday 1st August.
“We’re expecting a rush for tickets for one of the ‘must be there’ music events of the whole of 2014.”
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Woman's body found in village home
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 7 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 8 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 9 Rapist subjected two children to 'unimaginable ordeal' over five years
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
Other acts will be announced over the coming weeks.