Two men flee as police disturb burglars
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Two men fled from the police after officers were called to an ongoing burglary in Newmarket.
Suffolk police were called shortly before 3pm on Wednesday, September 30, following reports of an ongoing burglary at a property in Windsor Road.
Officers attended and carried out an extensive search however, no one was located.
The police are now looking to trace two males who fled from the property.
Investigations are continuing and officers say it is not currently known if anything was stolen from the house.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokeswoman said: “Police were called shortly before 3pm, Wednesday, September 30, following reports of a burglary in progress at a property in Windsor Road, Newmarket.
“Officers attended and carried out an extensive search.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 3 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 4 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 5 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 6 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
- 7 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 8 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 9 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 10 Shocked woman finds naked burglar asleep in her bed
“Enquiries remain ongoing in order to trace two males who fled from the property.
“It isn’t currently known if anything was stolen.
“Any witnesses should contact Suffolk police on 101, quoting CAD reference 222 of 30 September 2020.”