Two men flee as police disturb burglars
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Two men fled from the police after officers were called to an ongoing burglary in Newmarket.
Suffolk police were called shortly before 3pm on Wednesday, September 30, following reports of an ongoing burglary at a property in Windsor Road.
Officers attended and carried out an extensive search however, no one was located.
The police are now looking to trace two males who fled from the property.
Investigations are continuing and officers say it is not currently known if anything was stolen from the house.
You may also want to watch:
A Suffolk Constabulary spokeswoman said: “Police were called shortly before 3pm, Wednesday, September 30, following reports of a burglary in progress at a property in Windsor Road, Newmarket.
“Officers attended and carried out an extensive search.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 3 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 6 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 7 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 8 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 9 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 10 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
“Enquiries remain ongoing in order to trace two males who fled from the property.
“It isn’t currently known if anything was stolen.
“Any witnesses should contact Suffolk police on 101, quoting CAD reference 222 of 30 September 2020.”