NO SPOILER ALERT: Great British Bake Off judge Prue Leith reveals winner in Twitter blunder
- Credit: PA
The winner of the Great British Bake Off 2017 has accidentally been revealed on social media in a blunder by one of the judges.
Prue Leith tweeted in anticipation of tonight’s finale: “No-one told me judging a GBBO final would be so emotional. I wanted them all to win. Bravo...”
She has expressed regret after naming the winner of the Channel 4 show, saying: ““I’m in Bhutan. The time difference is massive. I thought that they got it six hours ago. I’m in too much of a state to talk about it. I’m in too much of a state to talk about it.”
The tweet, which was subsequently removed, came seconds after Leith announced that she would be judging the show again next year alongside Paul Hollywood and presenters Noel Fielding and Sandi Toksvig.
The show’s newest judge told the Press Association she was in Bhutan when she made the howler.
You may also want to watch:
Tonight’s final at 8pm will see Suffolk’s Sophie Faldo, who won the Star Baker award in the semi-finals, take on Steven Carter-Bailey and Kate Lyon.
Channel 4 has been contacted for comment.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 9 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 10 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside