Nominations for Suffolk awards needed
- Credit: Archant
Nominations are open for a set of awards that pay tribute to the work done by individuals and groups in the community.
Babergh and Mid Suffolk district councils Community Achievement Awards will once again be held to highlight unsung heroes who make a real difference.
To be eligible, nominees must be active in the communities of Babergh or Mid Suffolk, work in the local community on an unpaid or voluntary basis and who residents feel should be recognised.
The community work could come in any shape or form, from fundraising, to campaigning for improved services or providing a long-term service to the community.
The closing date for nominations is tomorrow at 5pm.
Nomination forms for the awards, are available on the websites www.babergh.gov.uk or www.midsuffolk.gov.uk or call 01449 724650.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 4 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 8 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 9 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 10 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town