Dramatic foot chase sees alleged Asda booze thieves arrested
- Credit: Archant
Police in Bury St Edmunds chased and caught a group of men who were trying to steal thousands of pounds of alcohol from the Asda in the town.
Officers from the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team collared the group of men who had made a bid to escape the supermarket with a haul of booze.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said: “We were called shortly after 6pm on November 15 following reports of an incident at Asda in Western Way, Bury St Edmunds.
“Officers attended and pursued three males who had made off.
“Three men aged 46, 30 and 28, were arrested on suspicion of theft and going equipped to steal.”
You may also want to watch:
All three men were taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning, where they currently remain.
After the incident the NSRAPT twitter account tweeted: “Who said traffic officers can’t run?
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 6 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 7 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
“Following a foot chase with Bury St Edmunds Police, three males have been arrested after attempting to steal £2,500 worth of alcohol.
“The property has been recovered. A knife and de-tagging equipment were found during a search.”