Railway delays expected between Ipswich and Norwich after vehicle hits bridge
- Credit: Archant
Greater Anglia are warning of delays and cancellations this afternoon after a vehicle hit a bridge between Norwich and Ipswich.
A statement on Greater Anglia’s website read: “Due to a vehicle striking a bridge between Ipswich and Norwich, services are being disrupted.
“This is affecting the Ipswich and Cambridge services, Ipswich to Peterborough services and services departing Norwich going towards Colchester and services departing Colchester going towards Norwich.”
The line had previously been blocked by the incident but has since re-opened.
The 18:30 London Liverpool Street to Norwich (19:44 Ipswich) has already been cancelled.
You may also want to watch:
Disruption is expected until 7pm.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Appleton not shocked by Town's slow start but expects Cook's men to 'click' soon
- 10 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds