Notcutts to bury time capsule to celebrate new restaurant
- Credit: Archant
A time capsule is to be buried beneath Notcutts’ highly anticipated new restaurant at its Woodbridge garden centre.
The garden centre is asking residents and customers to contribute with their own memories to mark the completion of the foundations being laid at the site.
Darren Brooks, general manager at Notcutts, said: "Notcutts has a well-established history in Woodbridge and we know many local people and regular customers have their own fond memories of visiting the garden centre over the years, perhaps working here when they were younger, celebrating special occasions with family, or purchasing a plant that may be a favourite in their garden today.
"As works progress on our new restaurant, we are delighted to share this special journey with our local community and we encourage people to share their memories and artefacts for our time capsule.
"As well as celebrating a key milestone in our redevelopment project, we hope the time capsule will provide future generations with a wonderful snapshot of the history of Notcutts in our hometown of Woodbridge."
You may also want to watch:
To share your Notcutts memories, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 5 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 6 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move