Officers searching for missing schoolgirls
A POLICE hunt has been launched to locate two missing Suffolk school girls.
POLICE were last night preparing to step up their hunt to locate two missing Suffolk school girls.
Officers say they are becoming increasingly concerned for the welfare of two teenage girls from Sudbury and Great Cornard who have not been in contact with their families since disappearing from school two days ago.
Lauren Abbott, 14, and Paige Briers, 15, were last seen on Wednesday morning and a search is widening to locate them.
You may also want to watch:
Paige was dropped off at school in Great Cornard but did not stay for classes. It is thought she returned to her Sudbury home but has not been seen since.
Lauren was last seen at break time, after which she went back to her home in Great Cornard to collect a bag.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 4 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 5 Woman's body found in village home
- 6 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 7 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 8 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 9 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 10 'It's been a strange few days' - Skuse gives emotional exit interview
A police spokeswoman said: “Whilst Paige has gone missing before, it is out of character for Lauren to go missing in this way and their families are anxious to know their whereabouts.”
Lauren is described as of mixed race, of slim build with brown eyes. She was last seen wearing her school uniform of a blue polo shirt and dark trousers, although she appears to have taken a change of clothes with her.
Paige is described as white, 5 ft 5 ins tall, of slim build with black shoulder length hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a blue school t-shirt, black trousers and white trainers, although she too appears to have taken a change of clothes. Paige has piercings in her tongue and ears and took a large rucksack with her.
It is believed the girls may be camping in the Sudbury or Halstead areas, or may have travelled to London.
Last night friends of the girls were expressing their concern on an internet Facebook group set up by Lauren's aunt Liz to help the search effort.
Rebecca Griffith wrote: “Me and Lauren are close friends, if there is anything I can do to help. I just want her home safe. It's not the same without her.”
Anyone who has seen Lauren or Paige or who has been in contact with them should call Sudbury Police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.