Ofsted chief will return to speak at college’s learning festival
- Credit: Archant
Around 1,500 educational leaders and lecturers are expected to descend on Bury St Edmunds this summer for an international festival.
West Suffolk College will host its second International Festival of Learning on Friday, June 28, and Amanda Spielman, Ofsted’s chief inspector, will return as a speaker.
Mrs Spielman will be quizzed by Ed Dorrell, deputy editor of The Times Educational Supplement (TES), over key issues for schools and colleges.
The audience will also get the opportunity to question Mrs Spielman as Ofsted prepares to roll out its new framework from September.
Nikos Savvas, West Suffolk College principal, said: “I am delighted that Amanda Spielman is joining us again at our International Festival of Learning in June.
“It is testimony to the high calibre of the event and reflective of the powerhouse of speakers we have lined up. Amanda will bring an insight that will be invaluable to our audience.
“I thank her for her time and commitment to the festival’s objective to inspire a movement to raise educational standards collectively.”
- 1 Glamping pods and shepherd huts proposed in holiday site expansion
- 2 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 3 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 4 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 5 McKenna on offers for Harper and El Mizouni and Fraser's Town future
- 6 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 7 'One or two we're speaking to' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 8 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 9 Lorry carrying mobile unit pulled over on A14 for being too wide
- 10 Police apology after cars accidentally damaged by stinger device on A14
The theme of the festival this year is centred on technology with the educators and businesses aligned with the same mission, to optimise the relationship between uniquely human skills and a world of technology.
For more information on the festival and tickets, visit www.ifleast.org/