Old Newton: Severe damage caused by kitchen blaze

FIREFIGHTERS were called out today to a serious kitchen fire which has left a home in a small Suffolk village severely smoke damaged.

The incident happened shortly before 6pm at a property in Church Road, Old Newton, near Stowmarket.

Two crews - one from Elmswell and the other from Needham Market - attended the fire and managed to get the flames under control before they spread to the rest of the house.

Firefighters stayed on the scene for 30 minutes to ventilate the house of smoke and to help salvage what was left of the kitchen equipment.

No one was injured in the fire but it is thought there was significant property damage.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus