Onehouse: Firefighters tackling chimney blaze
FIREFIGHTERS have tackled a series of chimney blazes across the county.
Crews were first called to Onehouse Lodge in Forest Road, Onehouse, shortly after 9.40am today, after receiving reports that a chimney was alight.
On arriving at the scene they discovered the blaze in the large detached three-storey home.
A spokesperson for the fire service said that the structural beam of the ground floor was involved in fire.
Firefighters attempted to expose the ground floor by cutting away bricks and removed the floor boards from the first floor level.
You may also want to watch:
The incident was brought under control by 10.43am, but crews remained at the scene to clear away and to check for any further hot spots.
Crews from Hadleigh and Needham were called to Truro in Hadleigh Road, Elmsett at 1.52pm.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 5 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 6 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 7 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 8 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 9 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
On arriving they discovered a blaze involving a woodburner, and brought the flames under control by 2.23pm.
A chimney at an address in Eye Road, Hoxne, was found to be well alight by firefighters when they arrived at the home shortly before 2.10pm.
The building was smoke logged and crews tackled the flames with a stirrup pump. The incident was under control by 3.03pm.
Firefighters recently battled a blaze in Thornbush Lane in Earl Stonham where a chimney flue connected to a central heating system was found to be engulfed in flames.
They battled the blaze and made the area safe before using a thermal imaging camera to ensure that there were no further hot spots.
The incident was under control by 3pm but they will remain at the scene to make the area safe.