Open evening being held by Stowmarket air cadet squadron
- Credit: Archant
Children in Year 8 and above have been invited to a Suffolk air cadet squadron’s open evening.
1331 Stowmarket Squadron Air Training Corps (ATC) is holding the evening, which will include tasters of what can be expected from cadet life, at the Cadet Centre in Finborough Road on September 30, from 7pm to 9.30pm.
At the open evening there will be practical lessons by cadets and staff, while there will be a presentation for parents. A spokesman for Stowmarket 1331 said: “It is set to be a fun packed evening with much to see and do, giving everyone the opportunity to really get involved and see if this is something they would like to be a part of. Within the ATC there is the opportunity to progress through the ranks, complete B-Tec qualifications and attend junior leadership courses.
“Air cadets is not all about shooting and flying, it’s about teaching invaluable life skills and tools. It gives young people the opportunity to build great friendships, life-long relationships and to experience the thrills of summer and winter camps, climbing, kayaking, map reading, basic survival and organisational skills and team work.”
The cadets meet every Wednesday and Friday from 7pm-9.30pm throughout the year, including school holidays.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in attending is asked to email email@example.com
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 5 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 7 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 8 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 9 Elections 2021: Tim Passmore re-elected Suffolk Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m