Otley: Firefighters called to blaze involving tractor, straw bailer and grass verge
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to a road in Otley this afternoon following reports of a straw baler which was on fire.
Two crews from Princes Street and one from Woodbridge were sent to the incident, on an unnamed road between Otley and Clopton Green, at about 5.20pm.
Firefighters on the scene reported there was one tractor, a straw bailer, 400sqm of stubble and a grass verge which were ‘well alight’.
Four hose reels were used to bring the incident under control and three one-tonne bales were allowed to burn under supervision of fire service personnel.
Meanwhile, two crews from Sudbury were called to a flat in Lucas Road at about 7.50pm today.
You may also want to watch:
The firefighters discovered a small fire in the cooker which was extinguished before they arrived. The flat was smoke logged and the property was ventilated.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 5 Woman's body found in village home
- 6 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 7 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
- 10 'Things might have been very different'... outgoing skipper Chambers reflects on that play-off season